January 14th-CT DPH has a special webpage for residents 75 and up registering for the vaccine. The page is available here. There are two ways to obtain an appointment:
- By phone: The phone option is only available for residents, who are age 75 and up. If you are helping a resident aged 75 and up and you are younger than 75, you are asked not to use the phone option. The state sponsored phone number to call is 877-918-2224. Phone service is available from 8:00a.m. to 4:30p.m. Monday through Friday. There is a call back feature. Please expect delays.
- Online: Registration and appointments are made through the CDC’s VAMS system. The link is available here. See yesterday’s update for registration tips.
Hospitals and clinics will also be reaching out to patients. Immediate appointments are unlikely.
If you have questions or need help with the registration process, Wilton’s Social Services Department is ready to help. Please contact Director of Social Services Sarah Heath or Social Services/Senior Center Coordinator Stephanie Rowe.
There are 100 locations across the state administering vaccines. All are by appointment only. As vaccines become more available, the State will be setting up mass vaccination sites. The first of which will open next week in Hartford. Local health districts, including Wilton’s, will continue to be focus on vaccinating essential frontline personnel.
Other groups in Phase 1B: The Governor confirmed membership of Phase 1B as recommended by his Vaccine Advisory Group and reported in my previous updates. Information about prioritization and possible timelines for those groups is expected next week. There isn’t pre-registration for these groups. CT DPH will announce when registration an begin. That timing will be impacted by the supply of vaccine and the number of residents aged 75 and up who choose to be vaccinated. Residents eligible because of increased medical risk will need to provide proof in a form to be determined.
Today, Wilton’s Health Department and Visiting Nurse & Hospice of Fairfield County held a Phase 1A vaccination clinic. This clinic was more similar to standing up a testing center, as we did in December, than our drive-thru flu clinic in the fall. Again, personnel from numerous town departments collaborated together and with Visiting Nurse and WVAC to produce a successful and professional vaccine clinic.
Vaccine and Case Data:
As of this morning, the CDC reported the following for vaccines:
- Connecticut: 328,675 doses of vaccines delivered, 171,897 doses administered, of which 16,041 were second doses. Connecticut continues to be a top tier state in terms of the percentage of the population vaccinated and delivered doses administered.
- Nationwide, 30.6 million vaccines had been delivered and 11.1 million first doses administered.
The following is data, as of 8:30 p.m. last night, from today’s CT DPH report versus yesterday’s January 13th report:
- Wilton: 3 new cases reported. 694 cases pandemic-to-day (PTD)
- Statewide: 968 new cases. 4.37% of the 22,171 new tests reported were positive. 221,544 cases PTD.
- Fairfield County: 226 new cases. 65,226 cases PTD.
- Hospitalized Patients: Statewide, 1,118 with a 30-net patient decrease. Fairfield County, 243 with a 24-net patient decrease.
- Deaths: Statewide, 6,553 with 17 new deaths. Fairfield County, 1,825 with 4 new deaths. Wilton, 45, with no new deaths.
The following chart shows the distribution of known cases by age for the previous periods and the current 7-day period. Newly known cases ranged in age from 4 to 66. Please click here to view the chart.
With the uptick in cases and the variant strain of the virus found in Connecticut, please exercise extra caution and behave as if you have the virus and as if those around you do as well.
- Watch your distance
- Wear a mask/face covering when you can’t maintain 6 feet of distance whether indoors or outside
- Walk, run or bike to the right in single file when passing another person on the NRVT, sidewalks and trails
- Wait to host indoor gatherings
- Wash your hands
If you have a question, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org