Giving to Waveny
Waveny LifeCare Network is extremely fortunate to receive financial contributions from many different sources in support of programs, special initiatives, capital and annual appeal campaigns. Since 1975, our donors' commitment has helped to establish and maintain Waveny’s network of high-quality healthcare services and facilities. Contributors include individuals and their families, service organizations, foundations, businesses and corporations.
Please consider making a gift to Waveny. Some giving options include:
- A Gift to our Annual Appeal - This year’s annual fund drive is designed to raise $300,000 to properly preserve The Village – our award-winning assisted living residence, which is 100% dedicated to serving the special needs of people with memory impairment and dementia, and internationally known as one of the world’s most therapeutic memory care environments.
Since opening its doors in 2001, The Village has been home – or a short-term home away from home – to more than 570 seniors with memory impairment. This staggering number of people served is due in part to our mission-driven commitment to offer respite care – a vital caregiver relief service that provides short-term lodging and personal care to guests who stay with us briefly. Thus, The Village has experienced far more wear-and-tear in 15 years than a conventional assisted living community would.
The Village is due for upgrades and renovations. Improvements will include new hardwood flooring, carpeting, cosmetic enhancements and upgrades within resident apartments, updates to our bathrooms, and modernization of our dining areas. Please give generously, as these vital projects will help to maintain our exceptional level of memory care well into the future.
Read our Chairman's 2016-2017 Annual Appeal Letter
- Memorial Gifts - Waveny LifeCare Network receives gifts from families and friends in gratitude for the care a loved one has received.
- Employee Fund - While our staff members are unable to accept indivdual gifts, donations to our Employee Fund support our staff as a whole and help to make special staff events and holiday gatherings possible.
- Special Gifts - Waveny LifeCare Network has a "wish list" of special items and programs that are beyond the scope of normal care needs. It would be our pleasure to share that list with any individual or organization who is looking for that special "something" to do for Waveny.
- Planned Gifts - A wonderful way to remember Waveny is to include us in your estate plan. The simplest way is to make a specific gift of cash or property to Waveny LifeCare Network in your Will or Trust.
- Waveny's Legacy Society - Another option is to designate Waveny as a beneficiary of a charitable remainder trust. Both ways provide a future gift for Waveny and allow you to benefit from certain tax advantages. Should you decide to make a planned gift, please consult your attorney or financial advisor as to the best way to proceed and be sure to notify our Development Office of your intent.The most important benefit you may receive is the satisfaction derived from knowing you’ve made a lasting investment in our long-term success and ability to serve others.
Gifts may also be made in cash, check, stock, or by credit card. Please contact Waveny's Development Office at (203) 594-5416 or email us for additional information.
Discover what's been made possible through donations by visiting us on Facebook!