Volunteering at Waveny
Join our volunteer team, and have fun while making a positive difference in the lives of others!
Would you like to become part of our volunteer team, enriching the lives of our seniors throughout Waveny's continuum of healthcare services and residences?
As a Waveny volunteer you will become part of a vibrant and caring team, welcomed and deeply appreciated by our residents, staff and fellow volunteers.
Our volunteer program is designed to match your interests/personal goals with the needs of those in our care. We welcome all ages and abilities. Our flexible schedule and range of activities will allow you to make the maximum impact with the time you would like to share.
Volunteer at Waveny!
- Spend time with our residents
- Assist with Therapeutic Recreation
- Play a musical instrument
- Present a musical program
- Lead a craft or needlework group
- Help run our General Store
- Discuss current events
- Perform a creative demonstration
- Participate in pet therapy
Incorporate Your Interests
- Present an educational program
- Develop and implement outdoor gardening projects
- Arrange flowers or participate in horticultural therapy
- Play a card or board game or activity of your choice
- Lead a low-impact exercise group
- Help care for Waveny's assortment of plants and flora
Assist with Daily Activities
- Serve tea
- Assist at the nurses' station
- Help serve lunch or dinner
- Escort patients to events and activities
- Visit with seniors who appreciate your company
- Assist our front desk and help with office work
We welcome Junior Volunteers of all ages to participate in a range of volunteer opportunities depending on interest and availability. With parental permission, students through high school age are eligible to volunteer independently. Students in Middle or Elementary School may volunteer alongside a parent. Families with young children are welcome to participate by visiting with our residents at teatime, playing group games or helping with seasonal projects such as decorating Christmas trees or painting Halloween windows.
- All prospective volunteers should first schedule an introductory meeting and orientation with our Director of Volunteers.
To learn more or to schedule a meeting, please call 203.594.5334 or email us today!
Alternatively, if you wish to download and print an application, you may: