Geriatric Care Management
Managing a loved one’s healthcare can feel like entering uncharted waters. When complex situations move quickly and require immediate decisions, Care Management can create relationships between seniors, families and professionals to plan ahead for care needs or respond to emergency events.
Whether a planned or crisis situation, you can turn to our professional Geriatric Care Managers any time you have a question or concern about an older adult. We specialize in elder advocacy and oversight, and assure 24-hour coverage.
Professional Eldercare Guidance When You Need it Most
Family members and friends who are responsible for the care of an older adult are often faced with an array of issues, questions and difficult decisions. These complex situations can be confusing and often require immediate answers. This is the perfect time to have our team of professional Geriatric Care Managers provide you with support and expertise in finding the best solutions for you, your loved one and your family.
With our experience and knowledge in eldercare, we will work directly with you to develop a personal care plan that will help the client remain safely at home for as long as possible, or live with dignity in a structured setting.
Our primary goal is to maintain a maximum level of independence for those we serve. We usually begin with a comprehensive assessment of physical, psychological, social, nutritional, cognitive, environmental and healthcare issues to determine which services are most appropriate, while also taking into account the client’s wishes and finances.
We then work collaboratively with family, primary caregivers, friends, physicians and other professionals involved with the client to develop and implement the best care plan for that individual.
With no task too big or small, we will gladly assist in coordinating everything that can impact the client’s life – from negotiating the healthcare system and facilitating the use of appropriate community services, to paying bills or arranging for grocery shopping.
While we primarily serve clients throughout Fairfield and Westchester counties, we will travel to any geographic area where you need us most.
What Our Care Managers Can Do For You
- Act as an advocate for the older adult
- Accompany clients to medical appointments
- Educate and consult on insurance programs and options
- Negotiate the healthcare and social services systems
- Refer to doctors, geriatric specialists and care services
- Coordinate physical, occupational, speech and/or cognitive therapies as needed
- Facilitate access to and use of community resources
- Support and monitor home health aides and other caregivers
- Mediate family differences
- Coordinate hospital discharges
- Determine the affordability of services
- Arrange for meal delivery, grocery shopping and all services from different providers
- Assist in long-term residential placement if living at home is no longer an option
- Establish a long-term relationship with the older adult and serve as the central liaison for family, caregivers and the professional community
Who Else Benefits from Care Management?
In addition to the older adult, many parties can benefit from working directly with Care Managers:
- Families and friends (local and long-distance)
- Hospital discharge planners
- Trust departments and banks
- Community agencies
- Employee assistance programs
- Long-term care insurers
- Court systems