Waveny Volunteers Make a Difference in People's Lives
Our volunteers share their immeasurable
talents, commitment and enthusiasm with the residents, patients and participants in Waveny's family of healthcare facilities, services and programs. They
are spirited individuals who augment the professional staff, provide links to the outside community, and give Waveny members one-on-one attention
and assistance with activities.
Every day, our volunteers reaffirm Waveny's reputation for excellence with their hard work and dedication. Together, our volunteers donate approximately 17,000 service hours to
Waveny each year - that's the equivalent of nearly nine full-time staff members!
We would be delighted to have you join our Waveny volunteer team. We want you to have fun while making a positive difference in someone else's life.
Volunteer at Waveny today!
Apply your talents
- Play a musical instrument
- Present an inclusive musical program
- Lead a craft, art or needlework group
- Facilitate discussions on current events
- Perform a creative demonstration or activity
Incorporate your interests
- Present an educational or cultural program
- Develop and implement outdoor gardening projects
- Arrange flowers or participate in horticultural therapy
- Play a card game, board game or other activity of your choice
- Read poetry or prose to a captive audience
- Lead a low-impact exercise group
- Help care for Waveny's assortment of plants and flora
Assist with Daily Activities
- Serve tea or host social hour
- Assist at the nurses' station
- Help serve breakfast, lunch or dinner
- Help manage the library
- Escort patients to events and activities
- Visit with patients and residents who appreciate your company
- Provide transportation
- Assist our front desk and help with office work
- Discover interdepartmental opportunities for volunteer work
Our Junior Volunteers are an especially important resource at Waveny. These young adults take time out of their busy schedules to share their enthusiasm and energy with others. With
parental permission, students from age 13 through high school age are eligible to be Junior Volunteers. Students work in areas appropriate to their interests and maturity level.
General Volunteer Information
- All prospective volunteers should first schedule an introductory meeting with the director of volunteers.
- Interested candidates are then asked to attend a mandatory general orientation session.
- All volunteers must have a tuberculosis test prior to beginning their volunteer work. Waveny will administer this test for free.
- Please do not report for duty if you have a cold, sore throat or symptom of a contagious illness. When possible, notify the Volunteer Office in advance of any cancellation.
- Volunteers are asked to wear their Waveny name badges at all times while on duty.
- Volunteers must respect and keep confidential all information about Waveny's patients, residents and Adult Day Program participants.
- Volunteers are encouraged to attend Waveny's educational programs so they may enhance their understanding of Waveny Care Network's mission, services and standards of conduct.
- Junior and senior volunteer celebrations and award ceremonies are held each year. Awards are presented to Waveny volunteers based on hours and years of service.
For additional information, or to schedule a meeting, please contact Debbie Perron, Director of Volunteers, at 203.594.5334 or email@example.com.